Monday, January 10, 2011

Obsession: Stuart Vevers for Loewe



After reading an article yesterday morning in British Vogue about Stuart Vevers undertaking as the designer and creative director of the Spanish fashion house Loewe, and the debut of his Spring 2011 collection, I am obsessed! From the butterfly prints taken from the Spanish houses' archives to the bright youthful colors, I haven't been this crazy about a designer since Tom Ford started designing for his own label.


I love how he's kept the fashion houses' signature staples, such as the soft leather and simple shapes, but all the while remaining true to the Spanish woman and her love for color and patterns. As a latin woman (I'm Cuban) I love wearing colorful frocks and interesting patterns, but not just for the sake of wearing it. It depends on the hue, the cut, the detailing; and Vevers has captured that attention to detail in all the cheeky-cuteness in the Spring 2011 collection. Another huge breath-of-fresh-air was the white shift dress in all its detailing glory. Nothing is more feminine and whimsical than a girly bright white dress, and there's nothing more I love to wear come spring is a simple white flowy, feminine dress.

I, as much as I'm sure the rest of the fashion world is, am looking forward to seeing what comes to life this February for the Fall 2011 runway of this classic Spanish house. Keep a weather eye out all you fashion peeps for Loewe's Fall 2011 collection.

Image provided by Simone Leonardi for GoRunway.com/ Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment